Don't forget about the next TAB meeting on Monday May 5 from 4-5pm at the Centerville Library. It's an important one - we'll be voting for next year's officers. It's also an open meeting, so bring your friends and anyone else you think might be interested in TAB. And bring your canned goods! See you there!
PS: Don't forget your TAB folder!
Monday, April 21, 2008
- Icebreaker: Where would you like to go over the summer?
- Canned goods collection: not everyone remembered (again) so postponed until next meeting. Since it's an open meeting, get your friends to bring something.
- Reviews: Manoj and Teri turned theirs in. June reviews are due at the next meeting. For 3 months (June, July, August) we will have a "Beat Rachel" contest, where you try to get more blog hits than Rachel's Jonas Brothers post.
- Brainstormed ideas for songs to go on the Library's MySpace page. Keep thinking.
- Pats on the Back: two given to Niki.
- Totally Teen Tuesday volunteers were confirmed.
- Voted for Tabbies. Winners will be announced at the May 19 meeting.
- Officer nominations: current officers described job duties and how they'd like to see the position evolve. It was decided that if you ran for Icebreaker Maker you could also run for another position. Nominees are:
- Special Projects Liaison: Rachel, Elizabeth
- Icebreaker Maker: Rahul, Amy, Kris
- Secretary: Brian & Matt, Teri
- Vice President: Sonali & Manoj
- President: Saniya & Divya, Janette & Amy, Arpan & Rahul
- Voting will take place at the next meeting. Nominees should be prepared to tell everyone why we should vote for them.
Next Meeting - May 5 (open to all)
Monday, April 14, 2008
Tuesday, April 8, 2008
- Welcome Liz!
- Icebreaker: If you had a band, what would its name be?
- Canned goods collection: almost everyone forgot. Decided to postpone collection until the next meeting.
- Blog contest: everyone worked in teams to complete this teen contest. We used the internet computers in Reference.
- Reviews: Amy turned in her CD review!!! The May reviews that were due today will be emailed. Decided who would do June reviews.
- Pats on the Back: no one present.
- Confirmed Rachel and Maesa as volunteers for TTT Karaoke. Rahul and Manoj will be emailed with a reminder.
- Discussed ideas for summer TTT. Bingo was popular, but only every other week. DDR and Guitar Hero will fill up the other weeks. Decided to either have everyone sign up when they arrived and that's the order they'll get to play or try a tournament.
- Shared details of the database contest.
- Completed TAB evaluations.
- Voting for Tabbies and officer nominations will be at the next meeting.
Next meeting - April 21