Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Hi everyone! The next TAB meeting is Monday, December 1, from 4 - 5 pm at the Centerville Library. It's the last day to bring in your donations to send to the troops. Our goal is for each TABber to bring in 3 items. Here are the items the troops need. Learn more about the Miami Valley chapter of The Blue Star Mothers, whose children will be receiving our donations. Three of the mothers have children who came home as disabled veterans. Four mothers had sons who gave their lives for our freedom and their blue star turned to gold.
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Attendance - 20
- Icebreaker: If you could have written any book, what would it be and why?
- Donation opportunity: collecting items for the troops through December 1st meeting. Goal is 3 items/TAB member.
- Assigned January reviews; due at December 1 meeting.
- Pats on the back: Nick.
- Confirmed volunteers for Mad Libs and Skippyjon Jones program.
- Confirmed volunteers for Craft Mania program.
- Reviewed November/December contests and programs.
- Contest brainstorming for Jan and Feb.
- Program brainstorming for Jan and Feb
- 2009 technology programs brainstorming.
- Reviewed and brainstormed library annual plan ideas.
- Birthday cards: Arpan, Nick
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Just a reminder - our next TAB meeting is November 17. Don't forget to bring in your items for the troops. Our goal is for each TABber to donate at least 3 items from the list. Need a list or have questions? Just let our Special Projects Coordinator, Rachel K., know. See you Monday!
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Attendance - 18
- Last day for canned food collection
- Icebreaker: What is your theme song?
- Guest: Anne Wachs, reference librarian, demonstrated new text messaging service
- Reviews: December's due today: Amy, music; Elizabeth, movie; Janette, video game
- Pats on the Back: Sonali, Tom, Brandon
- Volunteers: for mad libs and Skippyjon Jones children's program
- Confirmed Nov/Dec contests
- Confirmed Nov/Dec programs; brainstormed ideas for Craft Mania program
- Donation opportunites: Help the Troops collection at the next 2 meetings; goal is for each TABber to bring in 3 items from the list that was distributed
- Birthday cards: Tom
Next meeting - November 17