Don't forget that we've implemented a new attendance policy--2 unexcused absences results in a warning, and 3 will result in termination from TAB for the remainder of the year. This is only for UNEXCUSED absences. For excused absences, you can always call or email Elizabeth or Teri G. (in advance of the meeting) if you have a legitimate conflict that prevents you from attending. Just email us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Thursday, February 19, 2009
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
- Icebreaker: If you could create your own Super Bowl team, what would the mascot, name, and colors be?
- March reviews due today.
- Assigned April reviews; due at March 2 meeting.
- Pats on the Back to Brandon, Janette, and Brian.
- Confirmed Skippyjon Jones, Tech Petting Zoo, and Cookie Creations volunteers.
- Asked for volunteers for March TTT and Digital Remix program.
- Reviewed February contests & February/March programs.
- Survey of what to have as TSRC prizes: Borders, iTunes, Best Buy, Blockbuster, ice cream, Target.
- New meeting attendance policy: 2 unexcused absences and you will get a warning; 3 unexcused absences and you will no longer be in TAB for the year.
- New TAB volunteer raffle: will receive an entry every time you write a review, create a contest, or volunteer at a program; must be done on time to receive an entry; drawing held in May.
- Rec West Teen Council is seeking members.
- Survey of what musical groups or artists teens would like biographies about.
Next meeting - March 2
Congratulations to TAB members Divya G. and Amy K. who were named Commended Scholars in the National Merit Scholarship program. They scored in the top 50,000 students of the 1.4 million who took the PSAT last October. Divya G. was also inducted into the National Honor Society at Centerville High School. Way to go TABbers!!